Although hospitals, doctors, nurses and other health care providers are usually skilled and dedicated, they sometimes make mistakes. Unlike most other mistakes, a medical error can be devastating to patients or their families.
SOME EXAMPLES OF MEDICAL NEGLIGENCE THAT MIGHT LEAD TO A LAWSUIT INCLUDE:
- Misdiagnosis or failing to diagnose
- Misreading or ignoring laboratory results
- Performing an unnecessary surgery
- Making surgical errors
- Prescribing the wrong medication
- Providing poor follow-up
- Discharging a patient too soon
- Not paying enough attention to patient history
- Failing to order proper testing
- Failing to recognize symptoms
If a health care provider has made a mistake that has caused you injury or has caused the death of a family member, you may have a right under Vermont law to file a medical negligence claim for money damages.
Medical malpractice claims are usually complicated and require experienced lawyers. Our knowledgeable team of attorneys and paralegals has successfully handled medical malpractice cases for over 40 years.