Statistics show that most people will be involved in an automobile crash at some time in their lives. Nearly 30% of all crashes nationwide result in at least one injury or death. After an accident, your insurance company may urge you to make decisions quickly and without a lawyer. But a quick settlement with your insurance company may not be in your best interest. Our firm understands that your immediate goals after going through a crash are to get your medical bills paid, make up for lost wages and to be sure that your insurance company will pay for future medical care.
THE TOP CAUSES OF CAR ACCIDENTS INCLUDE:
- Distracted driving: Texting while driving, eating, talking on the phone and other distractions that cause a driver not to pay attention to the road.
- Speeding: Driver speeding can cause crashes because the driver cannot stop fast enough, goes off the road or goes into another lane.
- Drunk driving: The injuries and deaths drunk drivers cause are well known. Our attorneys sue drunk drivers and seek to hold them accountable for money damages for the injuries and deaths they cause.
- Violation of traffic laws: Failing to stop at a stop sign, running red lights and making illegal turns are all examples of common violations of traffic laws that cause injuries.
- Poorly maintained vehicles and faulty auto parts: Poor vehicle maintenance and defective vehicles are also sources of serious car accidents. If a vehicle contains a defect, the auto manufacturer can be held liable for injuries that result from the crash.
EVERY PART OF THE BODY CAN BE HURT IN A CAR OR TRUCK CRASH. CAR AND TRUCK CRASHES CAN CAUSE DEATH OR LIFE THREATENING AND SERIOUS INJURIES SUCH AS:
- Head injuries/traumatic brain injuries
- Neck injuries/whiplash
- Spinal cord injuries
- Back injuries
- Broken bones/fractures
- Internal injuries
- Emotional/psychological injuries
Every type of injury that is caused by a negligent or reckless driver should be included in any pursuit of money damages. Our experienced lawyers at Gravel & Shea fully understand how to achieve the best results possible for our clients after a crash.